· We demand that the University does as much as it can to prevent disruption to students whilst there is an ongoing occupation, and that we will accomodate all lectures and any other student activity.
· We are against a rise in tuition fees and support the principle of free education.
· We are against all cuts to public services and welfare. We believe that the government should readdress the issue of corporate tax avoidance, and bankers bonuses. We believe in investment, not cuts, in Higher Education and public services.
· We demand the right to recall all Liberal Democrats, specifically Nick Clegg as our local MP, who pledged to vote against a rise in tuition fees.
· We are in solidarity with all workers and those affected by the cuts proposed. We especially support the members of the UCU, Unite and Unison and all other University staff, and any industrial action they choose to take in their fight for pensions.
· We demand the immediate re-instatement of EMA.
· We demand the University publicise (through all available channels) the ways in which the cuts will affect staff and students.
· We demand that there is no victimisation of anybody involved in protesting against the cuts.
· We call upon the institutions of the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam University and their Vice-Chancellors to defend education by actively and publicly opposing the cuts.
· We demand that the University ends the casualisation of its teaching staff. All bank workers to be offered full contracts and employee status.
· We demand that the universities make serious efforts to address stressed and over-worked staff.