The following demands were democratically agreed upon:
1) Sheffield Hallam University (SHU) to release a statement of condemnation of the Israeli state’s attacks on Gaza
2) SHU to provide scholarships for Gazan students and waive all current applications and tuition fees for Palestinian students.
3) SHU to twin with the University of Gaza, sending old books, computers and other equipment to the University of Gaza.
4) The ban on flyering and posters on campus to be lifted immediately allowing students to organise and allow free speech, in line with the University's current no-platform policy against fascists.
5) To have posters advertising the details for the Disasters Emergency Committee Gaza Appeal on all notice boards around the university.
6) No victimisation of students or staff supporting the occupation in any form.
We ask people to support our peaceful protest. We welcome messages of solidarity and encourage anyone who wishes to join the occupation to do so.